Sunday, March 15, 2015

my favorite mountain flower


When Aven was in her first month I felt like as soon as she finished nursing it was time for her to nurse again. The twins got no break, and they needed one. With the help of Mercy's lactation nurses, some great sites, and a call to my local LLL rep, Aven and I worked through the kinks of being a new baby and breastfeeding momma. Now 3 months in we feel like we're killing this whole nursing thing, so much in fact that I look forward to it.



It feels weird to even write that because you know, it's breast-feeding. Like, I get that I am her source of nutrition, but people, that source comes from the twins. But nursing isn't weird and I find that the times she isn't nursing, I wish she was. I just miss her. Part of this is due to the fact that I am back at work part-time, so there are a few days where 1/2 of her feedings come from a bottle while I am at work, but I even miss her on days I am home.



She is growing so quickly and while I may be biased, she is absolutely the cutest thing ever to be.

Ever, ever, ever.

This little mountain flower- the most prayed for surprise we've received- is such a bright light of happiness, even in the moments of fussiness or crying. She's truly a gift, and we are so thankful to have her.


Aven Elizabeth,

You are finally here and I can't believe we get to be your parents. Goodness, we love you.

xoxo,
Me

No comments: