Saturday, August 11, 2012

{wedding vows, found!}


Shortly after our first move to Charlotte we both lost our wedding vows. Much like when I lost BOTH our social security cards & my passport, I assumed the vows would eventually unearth in a future move. Well, 5 moves later our vows were still lost. 

This was unfortunate for a few reasons:
One of our cost-cutting decisions was to not have a videographer. I had no idea how fun wedding videos could be, and I thought that spending 1/4 of the budget on a dress I would wear for 8 hours was a good decision.

Also, I was super nervous about being mic'd when we read our vows, so we decided to mic the pastors and musicians and not one another. Since we were married outside only a handfull of people actually heard what we said to one another.

My mother, sitting on the first row, had literally no idea what was being said, which is kind of ironic because she is quite possibly the most soft spoken person ever.

Like ever, people.


A couple years ago we stopped mourning the loss and began reinventing our vows:
Remember when you vowed to watch Bachelorette with me? No? Interesting, because I definitely remember that being vowed to me. 
or
I distinctly recall you vowing to run with me at 5:00 in the morning. 

About a week ago Jordan found our vows, hidden nicely between stacks of family photos. And it turns our Jordan didn't vow either of the above things, and I think I'm ok with that.



No comments: