Thursday, July 22, 2010

{hey marme}

Happy birthday to the woman that raised me believing in thank you notes, magazines and afternoon tea. You taught me that menstrual cramps earn sick days and soft answers can turn away wrath. You showed me that tall glasses of water in the kitchen can clear an anxious mind and that starting the day reading the bible is a good thing.

Thank you for loving me through my teenage years
when it was so hard to.
Thank you for allowing me to grow and fail,
reminding me always that the Lord is near.


Marme, you are the best. Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Design A-Peele said...

I love this :) Exactly what mom's do best. Glad to have learned a tiny bit from my mom!

Rebecca said...

what a great tribute to mom. That is her in a nutshell :)
love you and love you mom!