Monday, June 09, 2008

orchids and leis and pretty, pretty dresses

You could drive yourself crazy re-thinking your wedding- the flowers you chose, the bridesmaids dresses and how they just aren't that *re-wearable* as you first envisioned, the hymn choice, and so on and so forth. Surely all indecisive girls do this and if you didn't, pipe down... I struggle accepting your decisiveness. In fact I don't. Of course I know that deep down inside my wedding was the most perfect and lovely wedding... we all do. I thought that and then my darn sister-in-law was wed.. and it too was perfect.

Corinne was married this past weekend.

Bridesmaids dresses? Perfectly dressy and wearable in the not-so-distance future.
Flowers? Fantastic.
Music? Worshipful.
Her dress? Stunning
The bride? Glowing.

She seemed to perfectly appreciate and soak in her moment. She was beaming with joy and.... so calm. She did not seem anxious beforehand and captured her moments with mother-of-the-bride, sisters-of-the-bride, friends-of-the-bride, father-of-the-bride. Maybe before my own wedding and my friends were getting married I was just unable to appreciate that serenity or maybe Corinne was unusually blissful. Regardless, we all loved the moments with her and loved watching her marry Josh.

You crazy kids rock. We love you.

4 comments:

lydia said...

wow. great pictures and great post. she looks amazing!

lydia said...

ps - why do you have a baby link on the right? is there news? :)

HumbuckerChapell said...

It really makes you wonder... and I actually never thought about how that came across! Someone messaged me asking me to post it- they are friends of a friend, except I can't remember who's friend they are.
I could say it is to help out all my pregnant friends because let's be honest... all my friends are pregnant!

Julianne said...

as long as i'm not pregnant. :) haha

suz, great pics. isnt' it funny...thinking back on our own weddings....so many things i'd change, yet still in my mind the perfect wedding. so indecisive....it's ridiculous. looks like a lovely gorgeous wedding.