Tuesday, April 01, 2008

chicken salad veronique

4 split (2 whole) chicken breasts, bone in, skin on-- I used boneless skinless
good olive oil
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup good mayonnaise
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves-- I did not use fresh and only used 1 tablespoon
1 cup small-diced celery (2 stalks)
1 cup green grapes, cut in half

Preheat oven 350 degrees.
Place chicken breasts, skin side up, on a sheet plan and rub them with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper (I forgot this part... whoops, no salt/pepper). Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Set aside until cool.
When chicken is cool, remove the meat from the bones and discard the skin and bones. Cut the chicken into a 3/4 inch dice. Place the chicken in a bowl; add the mayonnaise, tarragon leaves, celery, grapes, 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and toss well.

I used my cutco knives (LOVE them) to cut the chicken. I tried to have it shredded little as possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how she always says to use "good" olive oil or "good" mayonnaise! What does that mean??I'm sure the Bi-Lo brand wouldn't qualify! Thanks for the recipe! (I guess we're doing this at the same time!)

HumbuckerChapell said...

oh I know. I shamefully pick up my schnucks brand olive oil probably too old to use.

I love her for introducing me to kosher salt!

Dianna said...

That sounds good. Actually, it sounds a lot like how I make it without a recipe. Thanks for making me feel credible!

Karen said...

I've really missed you in Bible study, Suzanne. I hope you are doing well!