Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hot Sausdog

Jordan and I have a wonderful marriage. 2 1/2 years of laughing... a lot. I don't know what we would do if we didn't laugh.

While he is at the store buying ingredients for a recipe I ask him to buy ingredients for another recipe. He doesn't want to. Why you ask? I'll give you the skinny.

Back in Charlotte we were introduced to this amazing thing called Sausage Dip. It changed our lives. I even put it up on Kraft Foods, I think.

1 package Neeces Hot Sausage
1 block Cream Cheese
1 can Rotel Tomatoes

This dip is amazing. Cook the sausage, mix it with everything else and cook on 350 for 25 minutes. We ate it so many nights for dinner... I know it isn't really healthy or a real dinner, but that's what we do.

One night we were so tired and came home so late and if there was going to be dinner it was going to be this. I pulled myself up off the couch and mixed it all up and popped it in the oven. I glanced in and it looked... well... uncooked. I asked Jordan what he thought and he said, "I think it looks ok" and so when it was finished I began scarfing down for 3 bites and him with one and then I realized.
Cook the sausage, mix it with everything else and cook on 350 for 25 minutes. I didn't cook the sausage.

Gross.

So we didn't eat that stuff again for a long time.

When we moved to STL we were excited to bust this recipe out and share the love with our loved ones. Only bad part is, Neeces is headquarted in Charlotte, it's World Headquarters is in Charlotte (much like Webster University has it's World Headquarters here in STL- whatever.), so no Neeces in Shnucks. I bought something else and the recipe sucked and I mean sucked.

So this is the recipe that Jordan wants to try and the recipe that I want him to get ingredients for will be the "backup". When he called to get the ingredients for the Sausage recipe I said, "do you want the ingredients for the other one....there are only 2 ingredients.......?" and I began listing the 2 ingredients.

His response: All I can hear you say is "lack of trust"

well played JBC.

No comments: