Monday, December 03, 2007

suppertime

Now I know I may be jumping the gun here... but... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this new job of mine is pretty rockin'.

Maybe not so much the content itself, as I'm still learning that and adjusting to the reality of how much I am undertaking, but what is so fantastic about this job is the following:

1. Stainless steel appliances in the kitchen
Yes, this may seem odd but coupled with the the next few *pros*... it's a serious plus. Also, who doesn't like walking into a kitchen with polished steel smiling back at you? And their appliances don't have yucky fingers smeared all over...

2. Starbucks coffee brewed every day, all day
This could be also a *con* as I have weened myself away from this addictive beast for the past year. I blame my parents and beloved sister Jenn for this struggle. Yes, I loved being at home and walking down to a fresh pot of Columbian each morning. Yes, I loved coming home from a long day at work to a fresh pot of Columbian. Yes, I loved knowing that at any given time there was a fresh pot of Columbian in my parents coffee maker. But, with that came the reality that there would never be any brand of coffee that would satisfy me again. Once you go Columbian, you never go Backumbian.

3. Pottery Barn dishes in the kitchen, what?
Yes. Pottery Barn. Suppertime I think. I opened the cabinets to grab my mug for coffee, somewhat nervous about what I would find. See, I'm that employee who brings her own coffee mug in because I have to drink out of a *good* mug each day. And I forgot my first day... so when I opened the cabinet and gazed upon all those white dishes I thought I was looking into my own cabinets at home. I think I teared up a bit. So, my mugs will stay at home and the PB ones will do just fine. Yeah PB!

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I understand each of those reasons....stainless steel, starbucks and pottery barn. just reading this makes me want to get up, go brew some bux, and get to WORK cleaning the house or doing laundry....or any of the other exciting jobs of a housewife. :) Can't wait to see you, Suz. Let's talk soon and make some plans for next weekend!!!