Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hannah

I said goodbye to Hannah today. Hannah is my 3 year old niece. I know I will see her again and this move isn't causing me to cut off all family ties... but... it was so sad saying goodbye to this sweet little girl. As Rebecca and I talked, she was just dancing around looking over at the cars driving downtown and up at the buildings above. When I began to say farewell after lunch she held her arms up for me to pick her up (something that rarely happens) and just squeezed me so tight- she gives great three year old hugs. It was like she instinctively knew I needed that. And I watched the two of them walk away... Hannah still dancing around, mesmerized by the chaos of downtown Charlotte. I will miss that little girl. Thanks for lunch Rebecca. I am going to miss you like crazy...



No comments: