Wednesday, March 14, 2012

{thrifting, promises and finds}

My name is Suzanne, and I am a thriftoholic. 

A couple weeks ago I made the "this seems like a good & unrealistic idea" decision to go the remainder of 2012 with only shopping for clothing, minus pants & shoes, from Goodwill/thrift stores. You know what, for kicks and giggles let's throw in panties (that's for you Reba) and unmentionables into the exclusion mix.

I can honestly say that I'd be ok if I went the rest of the year without purchasing underwear from Goodwill.

I felt rather proud of myself after proclaiming this to my twitter friends. Plus it means I can go shopping TONS more. Because spending $20 on 5 things is like not spending any money at all. Even if you spend that $20 2-3 days a week.

Free expense... just like gas and groceries.

So stay tuned friend/s, 2012 just got a little more exciting. Bargin hunting for clothes is great, especially when I work in an area where people buy and donate nice clothes... all the time.


During one of the many trips to my favorite thrift store (remember, free expense) I found this little number. I made the silly mistake of passing on her during my first visit but after good friends reminded me how foolish I was, I returned and brought her home.

Can you believe I paid $20 for this beauty? Sure the fabric is dying a slow death, but it has good bones and a lovely shape. I keep bringing home furniture telling Jordan that THIS is the piece that will launch my furniture business. But this time, for realsies, this is the piece. I need to find some fun ikat fabric and give this whole reupholstering thing a go.

Like these:




Or something like this:


Be sure to check back in 4-6 months for an update on the project. 

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love love love it! And I love the fabric choices. I am trying to find fabric for 2 beauties of mine but there are too many that I am in love with...hard to decide. Maybe we can go shopping when you get to Charlotte :)
And yes, the exclusion of panties at Goodwill may be the best decision you make all year.

HumbuckerChapell said...

Yes, let's please go shopping! Can't wait to see you:)